Monday, November 30, 2009

Opening Post

I used to blog daily when I was in high school, but it seems over the past few years I have been out of touch with the interesting things in my life. Becoming an adult and growing out of teenage behavior has made me feel a bit boring at times and I feel I haven't had much to write about. When I really think about what has happened over the past five years more things have occured than I have given credit to. I'm 23 years old and I finally feel like my life is taking off into something better. New relationship, old friendships, an adopted slightly over weight cat, and new lifetime goals beginning to complete my everyday life.

So to bring this post up to date with anyone who may read this (though I may be just posting this for myself), get ready for a small list of recent(ish) life events... Key words colored for your convenience.

I was dating my best friend Dos for about 2 years
He had a cat named Willow (The worlds coolest cat! She has the most amazing personality!)====>
We broke up a little more than a year ago
We remain friends today but I took his cat... he didn't want her anymore =(
I met a guy I really liked about a year ago and two weeks ago he asked me out on a date! (there is a lot to this story so hold on to your seat.)



About Ben:
I met Ben last August and at first we just spoke to each other on a daily basis as if we were just friends. After a few months we definitely started to like each other. I'm from California and he is from Australia so you can see where this becomes a bit of a problem for us. About 2 weeks ago I went to Australia for a week and right as I got off my 22 hour travel he was standing there with a flower and asked me on a date! Obviously I said "YES!" and we proceeded to have one of the best weeks of our lives thus far. We've spoken every day for over a year now and he is now working on moving here to California for a year to be with me. After the year is up I will be moving to Australia permanently, I hope. Originally I was going to apply for a Visa and move there but I think he will love the experience of American Holidays and the culture change.


Australian words learned:
  • Fair Dinkum (Fair or True)
  • Mate (A friend!)
  • Cheers (Similar to thanks or goodbye, used every time you walk away from someone.)
  • Rubbish (instead of garbage in the garbage can its Rubblish in the bin, which goes in the tin, which then goes to the garbage bin???????)
  • Beach Root (weird fruit that makes everything taste like plant, supposedly healthy.)

A little something about myself to close out my first official post here.
I LOVE taking photos and making Icons for journals and forums even if I'm not fantastic at it!
I'm a super picky eater and I seem to like cooking and baking more food than I will actual feast on.
Call me a chicken but...wait yes...thats what I am! I'm scared of everything, a complete scaredy cat. I think my cat is more brave than I am and she is scared of the wind which doesn't leave a whole lot of hope for me now does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment